To host a literary artist for the Taleblazers Festival, follow these easy steps:
- Look through the Alberta Literary Artist database on our website and find a Taleblazers presenter who best suits the needs of your school or library.
- Fill out the Taleblazers Festival booking form on our website -- this form also serves to create or renew your membership. Please include the name and phone number of a summer contact person. This will ensure the YABS office staff can contact you with any questions or scheduling problems.
- Return the form to YABS as soon as possible. To submit the form electronically, fill it out online and press the [submit] button at the bottom of the form. The form will automatically be sent to YABS and cc'd to the email you provide. If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of sending your form, please contact us by phone at 780-422-8232. Please check your email blockers and ensure the Young Alberta Book Society, as well as the contact information for the authors you have requested, is on your approved email list.
What happens next?
- Final arrangements will be made over the summer with YABS staff. In September, you will receive a package which contains an itinerary, detailed information on hosting a presentation, promotional information, sponsor information and an evaluation form. Please read the itinerary and other information carefully. Presenter contact information is included on the itinerary. Make sure you contact your presenter(s) prior to their visit to confirm arrangements. Call our office if you have any questions.
- As the date of your Taleblazers Festival presentations approaches, consider promoting the event through your local media outlets.
- At the time of your presentations, we will email an evaluation form to you. Please complete and return them for each artist you have booked. Your comments are used by YABS staff, board, and presenters to ensure that future Taleblazers Festivals and other programs are successful. In December we will do a random draw of the evaluations. The winning school will receive a donation of books! We would also love to receive any photos or newspaper articles resulting from your Taleblazers visit.
- We will invoice for the artist presentation fee and membership fee (if not already paid). Invoices are payable by cheque to the Young Alberta Book Society. Please do send your payment promptly after your booking takes place.
One last but very important item! With your evaluation form we will send a list of the organizations and companies that support the Young Alberta Book Society and the Taleblazers Festival. Please write letters of thanks to the sponsors and funders expressing the positive impact Taleblazers has had for you and the young participants. Taleblazer Festival hosts and participants expressing the value of these literary presentations is a tremedous help to us in securing funding so we can continue this great program for many years. This is the MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do for us. Thank you!
The 30th annual Taleblazers
Festival is set for September 30 - October 25, 2013!